Originally founded during the rule of King Aegon I, the city of King's Landing has been the seat of the royal family of House Targaryen since the days of the Conquest. Overlooking Blackwater Bay and dominating trade in the region, it swiftly grew from its humble origins thanks to careful stewardship and the river of gold that poured in from across the continent and the Narrow Sea.
Though wars and conflicts have often ravaged the city and her borders, it remains the largest in Westeros, dwarfing even the ancient settlement of Oldtown. Now the seat of the Faith as well, the future of the city looks bright indeed, under the rule of the newly crowned King, Jaehaerys Targaryen.
Recent Events Edit
In 193AC, the construction of the Great Sept of Baelor was at last completed. The enormous construction cost the crown thousands of dragons, but in the end the splendid feat of human ingenuity crowns the summit of Visenya's Hill. A grand tournament was held to celebrate the unveiling.
In 201AC, King Daeron I Targaryen breathed his last within the Red Keep.
Notable Figures Edit
- King Jaehaerys II Targaryen - Sovereign of the Seven Kingdoms and King on the Iron Throne
- The Kingsguard - The group of seven knights, sworn to protect the King.
- The Small Council - The King's advisors, chosen from across the realm to better the Seven Kingdoms.
- The City Watch - Also called the Gold Cloaks, they are tasked with maintaining order and the city's defense.
- The High Septon and the Faith - Based in the newly constructed Great Sept, they are the voice of the Seven.
- The Guild of Alchemists - Though their powers have greatly diminished, the Alchemists still boast many secrets.